- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups cooked jasmine or long grain rice
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and sliced
- 1 jar (8 ounces) taco sauce
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir egg over medium-high heat until set. Remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, stir-fry chicken and onion in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the rice, beans, Mexicorn, peppers, taco sauce and green onions; heat through. Stir in reserved egg. Sprinkle rice with cilantro. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Mexican Skillet Rice
Sort By :
"My whole family loved this dish. It's one of those dishes that is easily adaptable to what you have on hand. I didn't have mexicorn so used canned corn plus a little red bell pepper; was out of taco sauce so used picante sauce. I also used up some leftover Mexican style rice from a previous meal. All worked great. Looking forward to making it again with the provided ingredient list!"
"Quick, easy and delicious. I used canned chicken and ready rice (the 90sec microwave kind) and it was still amazing. Love the addition of cilantro. Will definitely make this again. Great potluck dish!"
"I made this for dinner tonight with a nice pan of cornbread. The men at the table asked for seconds. I will definitely make this dish again soon! I love the fact that everything in the dish is healthy; the only change I made was to use brown rice, and roasted my own peppers."
"My family (including two picky young boys) love this recipe and I sneak in a few extra veggies!"
"I added a bit more taco seasoning to this recipe for added pazzaz. My Son says it is a make again!"