- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant lemon pudding mix
- In a bowl, cut butter into the flour until crumbly. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Spread over crust.
- In a bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes. Carefully spread over the cream cheese layer. Top with the remaining whipped topping. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Pudding Dessert
"I've been making this for years. Everyone loves it. I also lightly greased bottom of baking dish as in the past it was hard to cut. I use sugar-free pudding mix and light cool-whip."
"I have been using this recipe for over ten years. I make it exactly according to the directions. I don't ever like cool whip, except on this dessert! It makes a very generous portion of dessert, and it keeps wonderfully in the refrigerator. But when I make this dessert, I always come away with an empty pan! I always bring lots of copies of the recipe too, because people just love it. This has become a traditional family favorite. Perfect with an Easter Ham Dinner. It is light and refreshing. Just the right amount of sweetness. Kids and adults gobble it up!"
"While we enjoyed this dessert after Easter supper, I should have followed the recommendation of another individual that commented. When I make it again, I will only make half a crust recipe as it is just too thick the way it is. Otherwise, it tastes great and is just right after a big meal!"
"The family loved it. Not too heavy."
"Very easy,turned out well. The bottom crust is a bit too thick, would leave about 1/2-3/4 cup out of crust portion."