- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3 cups cold whole milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant lemon pudding mix
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut butter into flour until crumbly. Press into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake until light brown, 18-22 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Spread over cooled crust.
- Beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes. Carefully spread over cream cheese layer. Top with remaining whipped topping. Refrigerate at least 1 hour. Yield: 16 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Pudding Dessert
"We really enjoyed the recipe. I used cake and pastry flour the first time and I don't think the butter was cut into it properly. It didn't turn out. Second attempt was with all purpose flour and the crust was better.I didn't have enough cream cheese to put it under and over the lemon, but it still turned out.Overall, quick and simple to make. Company enjoyed it. Win all around!"
"I've been making this for years. Everyone loves it. I also lightly greased bottom of baking dish as in the past it was hard to cut. I use sugar-free pudding mix and light cool-whip."
"I have been using this recipe for over ten years. I make it exactly according to the directions. I don't ever like cool whip, except on this dessert! It makes a very generous portion of dessert, and it keeps wonderfully in the refrigerator. But when I make this dessert, I always come away with an empty pan! I always bring lots of copies of the recipe too, because people just love it. This has become a traditional family favorite. Perfect with an Easter Ham dinner. It is light and refreshing. Just the right amount of sweetness. Kids and adults gobble it up!"
"While we enjoyed this dessert after Easter supper, I should have followed the recommendation of another individual that commented. When I make it again, I will only make half a crust recipe as it is just too thick the way it is. Otherwise, it tastes great and is just right after a big meal!"
"The family loved it. Not too heavy."
"Very easy,turned out well. The bottom crust is a bit too thick, would leave about 1/2-3/4 cup out of crust portion."
"This dessert is delicious! For a lighter version, you can make it with sugar-free pudding, lite whipped topping, and 1/3 less fat cream cheese. It tastes just as yummy!"