- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- In a small bowl, combine flour and confectioners' sugar; cut in the butter until crumbly. Press into a lightly greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another small bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, lemon juice and baking powder until combined. Pour over crust; sprinkle with coconut.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Yield: 4 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Coconut Squares
"Made these delicious lemon squares. The coconut and lemon flavors went very well together. I made the recipe as is and was very pleased. I used desiccated coconut which was all I had. I prefer using the desiccated coconut over the flaked coconut because the texture is much better. Every one liked them, especially those who like lemon."
"I added 1 T grated coconut to filling and some lemon grated peel. 1/4 conf sugar to the egg mi and lemon peel. put coconut under the broiler then sprinkled with conf sugar (also 1T flour) to the egg mixture. yummy"
"Oh my - I loved these. I think they are perfect as is. I may have overcooked them slightly. They are a flat little bar. Which is nice because they are quite lemony.Next time I'll watch more carefully . They got a little too brown after 25 minutes , but were still delicious. Unfortunately I still ate more than half of them myselfOk two thirds :0)Thank you for this recipeI can't wait to bring it somewhere!"
"I added 1 tsp of grated lemon peel to the crust and 1 tsp of grated lemon peel to the filling. These were a big hit with my husband and my coworkers. I will definitely make these again!!"
"Made using some coconut in the crust and more sprinkled on top for the last couple minutes to toast. Halved the recipe and made it in an 8x8 glass pan. Used 3 Tbsp lemon juice 1 Tbsp orange juice for the 1/4 cup lemon juice it called for. Added about 1 tsp orange zest to the batter too. Sprinkled the top with powdered sugar after taking it out of the oven at the very end. Turned out yummy, but all the layers were very thin."