Lazy Daisy Cake Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla until thick and pale yellow, about 4 minutes. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to egg mixture and beat just until combined. In a saucepan, bring milk and butter to a boil, stirring constantly. Add to batter and beat until combined.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Combine frosting ingredients; spread over warm cake. Broil 4 in. from heat until lightly browned, about 3-4 minutes. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Reviews for Lazy Daisy Cake(9)
Sort By :
please remove rating - wrong recipe
This is one of my favorite cakes. I don't think I have ever come across anyone that didn't love it.
This yummy cake is a huge hit at my Church coffee hour. It has a very "old fashioned" taste to it, I think because of the hot milk. Do not be afraid to make this cake, it is super easy and the results are fool-proof, just don't over broil the topping.
My husband's mother used to make this cake for him when he was little, so I was a little nervous when I tried this recipe. But he said that this was not only great, but better than his mother's cake.
This is a family favorite for not only my "old" husband, but my kids and grandchildren as well.
Just a little "putzy", but well worth the effort.
Great dessert to impress company
Scrumptious!!! It's good with chopped pecans added to the topping as well. I use 1 cup coconut and 1 cup chopped pecans. Yummy!!