- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla until thick and pale yellow, about 4 minutes. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to egg mixture and beat just until combined. In a saucepan, bring milk and butter to a boil, stirring constantly. Add to batter and beat until combined.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Combine frosting ingredients; spread over warm cake. Broil 4 in. from heat until lightly browned, about 3-4 minutes. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Reviews for Lazy Daisy Cake
"The cake was more dense than I like but had a really good taste. Next time I make it, I'll broil the icing a little bit longer."
"This is a great cake, simple to make and a great pot luck or picnic dessert. Have been making since the recipe was first printed in1995."
"My mother use to make this. I also made it for years. I love the icing and couldn't remember how to make the icing. I didn't know if my mother made it up or if I would really find it. And I did. thank you"
"This cake is SOOOO yummy... very moist and the icing is delicious..."
"please remove rating - wrong recipe"