Lavender Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 4 teaspoons dried lavender flowers
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Combine the flour, lavender, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets lightly coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 7 dozen.
Reviews for Lavender Cookies(10)
Sort By :
Sorry people...it is called culinary Lavender. I wrote eatable rather than edible or culinary.
One absolutely needs to use eatable lavender. You cannot use just any kind. I learned this a long time ago. Perhaps that is why the cookies taste like soap.
I really enjoyed the taste of these cookies.
I tasted lavender cookies in England. I believe it was shortbread ones though. Toh has a recipe for these too. They don't taste soapy, but if you use lavender as I do then that is what comes to mind. Try them!
How is this supposed to make 84 cookies? I got maybe 1 1/2 dozen out of it? Those are some SMALL cookies! But they were really good!
I agree with some of the other reviews that the lavender is strong and that you either love it or you don't. I happen to really love it! If you want the flavor to be more subtle add half the amount. This are a delightfully refreshing cookie. A great way to bring in the spring season. I will definately make it again and I might even try another persons tip of adding sugar or lemon icing! If you enjoy this lavender recipe, you might also enjoy TOH's Almond Lavender Cake! YUM!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Cookies >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Low Carb Desserts >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >