“Key limes don’t provide much peel, so sometimes I cheat and use regular limes—for the peel only—in these bites. If you can wait, these are even better the next day.” —Joni Larsen, Wellington, Utah
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons Key lime juice
- 2 teaspoons grated Key lime peel
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup Key lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated Key lime peel
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in lime juice and peel. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in nuts.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine icing ingredients. Dip cookies in icing; allow excess to drip off. Place on a wire rack; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Key Lime Bites in Simple & Delicious February/March 2011, p35
Reviews for Key Lime Bites
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review