Italian Wedding Soup Recipe
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1-1/4 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 1-1/4 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/4 cups cooked medium pasta shells
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, cheese, bread crumbs, onion, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- In a Dutch oven, brown meatballs in small batches; drain. Add the broth, spinach, onion powder, parsley and remaining salt, pepper and garlic powder; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in pasta; heat through. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews for Italian Wedding Soup
Sort By :
"My children ask me to make this recipe when they are hungry for soup. It's very tasty & easy to throw together. I use 1/2 of a can of spinach instead of fresh. To make it even easier, I cook the shells in the soup. In place of the shells I have often used spaghetti noodles broken into small pieces and it turns out good too."
"Just made this soup and it was amazing. Great recipe with lots of flavor and hearty texture. This is just what we needed for a cold, snowy, winter afternoon."
"I just made this soup recently and it was awesome. I even cheated and bought the pre-made wedding soup meatballs at our local Italian store. Everyone raved about how delicious the soup tasted and never knew the difference. This recipe tastes very similar to the wedding soup they serve at the Olive Garden too. Definitely a keeper in my recipe box!"
"Finally found the perfect Italian wedding recipe. Taste great!"
"This is the best wedding soup recipe I've tried to date as I've been searching now for awhile. I made two changes; cut back on the beef by 50% and doubled the spinach."