Home-Style Stew Recipe
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen vegetables for stew
- 1-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium onion soup mix
- Place vegetables in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown beef on all sides.
- Transfer to slow cooker. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 5 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Home-Style Stew(21)
Sort By :
Found this recipe a few years ago & made it a few times and everyone LOVED it. I made this stew for my boyfriend to take to his hunting cabin with a group of guys and they couldn't get enough of it. He brought me back a "clean" slow cooker....it still needed washed but they did everything except stick their heads in it & lick the sides.
I have made this tasty recipe several times for my four picky grandsons. It is always a success.
make sure to use lower sodium mix, very, very easy to make, double recipe if you have hungry kids or need lunch for the next day
It was slightly more tomatoey than I like my stews to be. I think if I put in a can of diced or stewed tomatoes instead of tomato soup that will help. Otherwise, this is a wonderful, warm and hearty recipe!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Beef Stew Recipes >
- Beef Stews >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Stew Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Simple Stew Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Beef Recipes >