- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen vegetables for stew
- 1-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium onion soup mix
- Place vegetables in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown beef on all sides.
- Transfer to slow cooker. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 5 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Home-Style Stew
Sort By :
"Great recipe. I used Bloody Mary mix instead of Tomato soup ."
"THEE BEST I followed the recipe exactly.... the last half hour I added dumplings. I have served it many times to many friends. They all raved about it. Thank you Taste of home!"
"I agree with everyone else! This recipe tastes as if you spent a lot longer on it, it's delicious. I did thin it out just a little bit with V8 juice but not necessary, great just how it is. Served it over white jasmine rice-got many compliments! Will for sure make it again! THANK YOU!!!!!"
"I really enjoyed this stew. The flavor is wonderful. I have never used tomato soup in a stew recipe. It added just enough tomato flavor without being overwhelming. I am making it again tonight and am looking forward to enjoying it all over again. Easy and simple."
"This stew tastes almost as good as one which would take 4 times longer to prepare. When you're really pressed for time, or just want to spend your time doing something other than cooking, this recipe is for you. I even left out the browning step without noticing much difference, which makes it even more speedy."