Home-Style Stew Recipe
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen vegetables for stew
- 1-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium onion soup mix
- Place vegetables in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown beef on all sides.
- Transfer to slow cooker. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 5 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Home-Style Stew(23)
Sort By :
Made this according to the instructions given. After several hours in the slow cooker the soup mixture just sat on top of the rest. Finally I stirred it together. I wasn't impressed with the tomato soup taste in it. I think if you just used 2 cans of mushroom soup it would be much better.
This is a keeper. My crockpot cooked it faster than needed so vegetables were a little mushy . Will either start later or lower temp a bit,. Very easy - lots of flavor. Served with a French bread and a lettuce salad.
Found this recipe a few years ago & made it a few times and everyone LOVED it. I made this stew for my boyfriend to take to his hunting cabin with a group of guys and they couldn't get enough of it. He brought me back a "clean" slow cooker....it still needed washed but they did everything except stick their heads in it & lick the sides.
I have made this tasty recipe several times for my four picky grandsons. It is always a success.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Beef Stew Recipes >
- Beef Stews >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Stew Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Simple Stew Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Beef Recipes >