VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups margarine, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup seedless raspberry jam
- OPTIONAL GLAZE:
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons 2% milk
- In a large bowl, beat margarine, sugar, vanilla and salt on medium-low until combined. Slowly beat in whipping cream. Gradually beat in enough flour until dough is no longer sticky. Divide dough into four portions, then flatten into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough into a 12-in. circle; spread each with 1/4 cup raspberry jam. Cut each circle into 16 wedges.
- Gently roll up wedges from the wide ends. Place 2 in. apart on parchment-lined baking sheets, point side down. Bake 25-30 minutes or until light golden. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- If desired, combine confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth. Drizzle over cooled rugelach. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Originally published as Grandma's Raspberry Rugelach in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2017, p156