Frosted Cranberry Drop Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2-1/2 cups chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 to 4 tablespoons hot water
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add milk, egg and orange juice; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in cranberries and nuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
- For frosting, heat the butter in a saucepan over low heat until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Cool for 2 minutes; transfer to a small bowl. Add sugar and vanilla. Beat in water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until frosting reaches desired consistency. Frost the cookies. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Reviews for Frosted Cranberry Drop Cookies
Sort By :
If nothing else, make these for the icing. The cookies are good (chewy, fresh, tart, nutty) but the icing - THE ICING!!! The only thing I propose doing differently - is, once the butter is browned and ready, I immediately poured it into another bowl to stop the cooking. I let the bowl cool a bit longer but I wasn't worried it'd continue "turning" once I took it off to the heat due to still being in a hot pan. Oh, and my recipe yielded about 3.75 dozen (I used a medium size cookie scoop to measure) and I ran out of icing. I think I'd increase the frosting amount by half. Very, VERY good cookie! Thanks!!
This is a very nice moist cookie. I loved the brown butter frosting on them. They have a lot of ingredients but were easy to make.
These cookies are fantastic! They have become my husband's favorite cookies. I omit the nuts completely and just use an entire bag of cranberries. I also substitute hot orange juice for the water in the icing.