- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3-3/4 cups sugar
- 1-1/4 cups light corn syrup
- 1 cup water
- 3 packages (6 ounces each) Red Hots
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- Grease two 15x10x1-in. pans with butter.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup and water. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly to dissolve sugar. Add Red Hots; return to a boil, stirring carefully until Red Hots are melted, about 10 minutes. (Mixture will be very hot; wear an oven mitt while stirring to prevent burns.) Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage).
- Remove from heat. Immediately divide mixture between prepared pans; cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Break candy into pieces. Place confectioners' sugar in a large resealable bag. In batches, add candy and toss to coat lightly. Yield: 3-1/2 pounds.
Originally published as Family-Favorite Cinnamon Candy in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p79
Reviews for Family-Favorite Cinnamon Candy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review