- 3 to 4 medium baking potatoes, baked
- 5 bacon strips, diced
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 3-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Peel and dice the baked potatoes; set aside. In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1-1/2 teaspoons drippings.
- Add the soups, milk, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, pepper, Liquid Smoke if desired and reserved potatoes to the drippings.
- Cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Stir in sour cream; cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through (do not boil). Garnish with cheddar cheese and bacon. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Easy Baked Potato Soup
"Very easy to make and most of the ingredients are the kind that people often have on hand. I added the bacon to the soup toward the end of the cooking time and saved a few crumbles for the top garnish. I may tinker with this next time by adding some chives and maybe trying to make a white sauce with sharp cheddar cheese added rather than using the cheddar soup. There was a hint of a "processed" cheddar taste that I wasn't wild about and this might also reduce the sodium level as well. A little liquid smoke goes a long way; I heated the soup on low about an extra ten minutes to let the flavors blend a little more and it helped. I will definitely make this again!"
"AWESOME..The whole family loved it!"
"This was so yummy if you like thick creamy soups!! Me and my husband love it!"
"Made this for the first time.......My family loved it! Served it with garlic bread......It was fantastic!! Doing this again and again!!"