Come late October, friends and family can "count" on having these easily recognizable, darling Dracula cookies. —Christy Hinrichs, Parkville, Missouri
- 6 hazelnut truffles
- 5 ounces white candy coating, chopped
- 1 green or red Fruit Roll-Up
- 6 Oreo cookies
- 1 can (6.4 ounces) black decorating icing
- 6 slivered almonds, cut in half
- Place truffles on a waxed paper-lined pan. Freeze for 10 minutes or until chilled. Meanwhile, in a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip truffles in coating to cover completely; allow excess to drip of. Return to prepared pan. Refrigerate until hardened.
- Cut Fruit Roll-Up into 2-1/2-in. x 1-1/2-in. strips. Reheat candy coating if necessary. Dip truffles in candy coating again; allow excess to drip off. Place one on each cookie. Wrap a fruit strip around base of truffle for cape. Let stand until set.
- Using decorating icing and a round tip, pipe hair, eyes and mouth on each. Insert almonds for fangs. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 6 cookies.
Originally published as Dracula Cookies in Simple & Delicious September/October 2007, p13
Reviews for Dracula Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review