- 6 hazelnut truffles
- 5 ounces white candy coating, chopped
- 1 green or red Fruit Roll-Up
- 6 Oreo cookies
- 1 can (6.4 ounces) black decorating icing
- 6 Diamond of California Slivered Almonds, cut in half
- Place truffles on a waxed paper-lined pan. Freeze for 10 minutes or until chilled. Meanwhile, in a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip truffles in coating to cover completely; allow excess to drip of. Return to prepared pan. Refrigerate until hardened.
- Cut Fruit Roll-Up into 2-1/2-in. x 1-1/2-in. strips. Reheat candy coating if necessary. Dip truffles in candy coating again; allow excess to drip off. Place one on each cookie. Wrap a fruit strip around base of truffle for cape. Let stand until set.
- Using decorating icing and a round tip, pipe hair, eyes and mouth on each. Insert almonds for fangs. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 6 cookies.
Reviews for Dracula Cookies(7)
Sort By :
These were perfect for my little ones' Halloween parties. Instead of making the cake balls I used white munchkins from Dunkin' Donuts. Adorable and super easy and fun!
I removed the nuts and cut cost & calories by using a marshmallow for the head and icing fangs. Attach to the cookie with a dab of melted candy coating. Decorate as usual. Great for a room full of kids.
I made this for my daughter's birthday treats at school since her b-day is close to Halloween. In place of the truffles, we used 1 pkg or crushed Oreo's mixed with 1 pkg of cream cheese. The kids and teachers were quite impressed. They aren't as hard to make as they look!
use wilton red gel in place of the almonds
I'd like to see an idea for these cookies that don't contain nuts of any kind as we have severe allergies here where I work and are a nut free facility
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Halloween Candy >
- Halloween Desserts >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >
- Holiday Candy >