Most people don’t realize that these cookies are low in fat. You actually get more than 2 dozen of the treats from a cake mix and just four other common ingredients. —Melanie Van Den Brink of Rock Rapids, Iowa
- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, butter and water (batter will be thick). Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake 10-13 minutes or until set and edges are lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 28 cookies.
Originally published as Devil's Food Cookies in Light & Tasty August/September 2006, p19
Reviews for Devil's Food Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review