For a nice, rich and creamy treat, try this eggnog recipe. You can serve it plain or add rum for adult holiday guests.
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups milk, divided
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Additional whipped cream and ground nutmeg, optional
- In a large heavy saucepan, whisk together the eggs, sugar and salt. Gradually add 2 cups milk. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until a thermometer reads 160°, about 25 minutes.
- Pour into a large bowl; stir in the vanilla, nutmeg and remaining milk. Place the bowl in an ice-water bath; stir frequently until mixture is cool. If mixture separates, process in a blender until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- When ready to serve, in a small bowl, beat cream on high speed until soft peaks form; whisk gently into cooled mixture. Pour into a chilled punch bowl. If desired, top with dollops of whipped cream and sprinkle with nutmeg. Yield: 6 servings (about 4 cups).
Originally published as Holiday Eggnog in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2006, p47
Reviews for Creamy Holiday Eggnog
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review