Country White Bread Recipe
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 6-1/2 to 7 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the sugar, salt, eggs, oil and 3 cups of flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6 to 8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Divide in half and shape into loaves. Place in two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to cool on wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Reviews for Country White Bread
Sort By :
"This recipe was so easy and SO yummy! This is definitely being added to our family favorites."
"I tried this recipe for the first time yesterday. It turned out wonderfully!! I halved the recipe and before putting the bread in the oven I misted the top with some water to improve the lift. This recipe is a keeper."
"Turned out perfect! Will be making this again."
"Great bread! I also use it for my cinnamon rolls."
"I loved this recipe. The bread came out perfectly wonderful and very delicious. I will be using this recipe again."