Country Fish Chowder Recipe
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 bacon strips, chopped
- 3 cans (12 ounces each) evaporated milk
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) chopped clams, undrained
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound fish fillets (haddock, cod or flounder), cooked and broken into pieces
- Crumbled cooked bacon, optional
- Minced chives, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook onion and bacon over medium heat until onion is tender; drain. Add milk, corn, clams, potatoes, butter, salt and pepper. Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Stir in fish and heat through. Ladle into bowls. If desired, top with bacon and chives. Yield: 8-10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Country Fish Chowder
Sort By :
I used an 8 oz. can of clams but otherwise followed the exact recipe. Great flavor!!
Maybe too much going on with the bacon, clams, fish. Did not like it.
Very good... will definitely make again. I used Tilapia for the fish instead of cod and did drain the corn.
I love fish chowder and this one is delicious. I did add a second can of clams because I love them and I don't drain it. The liquid only adds additional flavor. Thank you for this wonderful recipe. I already had some cod so I used that.
I love taste of home recipe's