Contest-Winning Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda. In another bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, pumpkin and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Reviews for Contest-Winning Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread(33)
Sort By :
Excellent recipe and as another commenter suggested not a strong pumpkin flavor. I'll add more pumpkin next time.
Loved this bread! Made it for my SO and he loved as well. I don't have children myself, but I think this would be a great recipe for moms: easy, fast, makes 2 & kids will like the chocolate chips. This is a very moist bread. I used vegetable oil instead of canola but otherwise followed as written. The only other thing I'll say is that if you're looking for a strong pumpkin & fall spice taste this may not be the recipe for you. The pumpkin is a bit more of a background flavor in this one. Will definitely make again..today as a matter of fact!
great moist cake took it to a Holloween pot luck everyone went crazy great combination chocolate and pumpkin you will get raves!!!!!!!!!
This bread is absolutely amazing! I would add a bit more pumpkins or more spices and little less oil. But other than that the bras was so moist!
I have made many different pumpkin breads, however, this one tops them all. Absolutely FANTASTIC! This should get 20 stars.....! Thank you so much for sharing it with us!