- 1-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 ounce milk chocolate, melted
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut, confectioners' sugar and butter. Form into 1-in. balls.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each ball. Fill with chocolate. Sprinkle with pecans. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Chill until chocolate is firm. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Coconut Joys
"Excellent recipe, although we did take some liberties with the recipe. For the chocolate we just pushed a chocolate chip into the center of each candy and omitted the nuts. I will never buy another Mounds candy bar again. These just explode with flavor in your mouth. They are best if you let them come to room temperature before eating."
"Very good, Very rich! A little greasy, we will see how they are after they set. I doubled the recipe and it made 24. I used sliced almonds instead of pecans and semi-sweet choc chips for the chocolate. Very fast and easy!"
"So easy! everyone raved over it at church. The only draw back was it made so little I quadrupled it. I also changed the pecans for almonds because I like almond joy and that is what it tasted like. But the possibilities are many."
"This is a great, quick, yummy recipe! I knew when I saw it I would have to try it. I really like Almond Joys, so I just pressed 1 or 2 whole almonds on top and swirled a bit of chocolate on top. It is so nice that these are so simple to make and needs only a few ingredients. This will be a keeper for sure!"