Treat family and friends to a yummy brittle for the holidays. Made with cashews and Rice Krispies, it's loaded with crispy-crunchy goodness. —Amanda McLemore, Maryville, Tennessee
Featured In: 20 Barks & Brittles for Extra-Happy Holidays
- 1 teaspoon butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup salted cashews
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with foil. Grease foil with 1 teaspoon butter.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup and water; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 240° (soft-ball stage). Stir in butter; cook without stirring until mixture reaches 300°(hard-crack stage), brushing down sides of pan with a pastry brush dipped in water as needed.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cereal, cashews, baking soda and vanilla. Quickly pour into prepared pan. Using a buttered metal spatula, spread mixture to 1/4-in. thickness. Cool completely; break into pieces.
- To Make Ahead: Store candy in an airtight container up to 1 month. Yield: about 1-1/2 pounds.
Originally published as Christmas Crunch Candy in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p158
Reviews for Christmas Crunch Candy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review