- 1 tablespoon plus 2 cups butter, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- Grease a 15x10x1-in. pan with 1 tablespoon butter; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, melt remaining butter. Add sugar, slivered almonds, water and salt; cook and stir over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 295° (approaching hard-crack stage). Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Quickly pour into prepared pan. Let stand at room temperature until cool, about 1 hour.
- In a microwave, melt 1 cup chocolate chips; spread over toffee. Refrigerate 45 minutes or until set. Invert onto an ungreased large baking sheet. Melt remaining chips; spread over toffee. Sprinkle with chopped almonds. Let stand 1 hour. Break into bite-size pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 1-1/2 pounds.
Reviews for Christmas Almond Toffee
Sort By :
"I am so disappointed. I followed the recipe exactly and it turned out gooey instead of crunchy. I just hate the wasted time and ingredients. It was suppose to go to someone."
"I've been making this toffee for 30 years. It's one of the first things to disappear from my cookie trays. Crunchy, buttery, delicious!"
"this toffee has a fabulous flavor! it's also soft so you won't break a tooth. the directions say to use a saucepan, but my saucepan boiled over making a huge mess. a soup sized pot works better. :)"
"I liked this recipe as it makes more than most recipes and turned out both times I made it!"