Christmas Almond Toffee Recipe
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 cups butter, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup Diamond of California Slivered Almonds
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- Grease a 15x10x1-in. pan with 1 tablespoon butter; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, melt remaining butter. Add sugar, slivered almonds, water and salt; cook and stir over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 295° (approaching hard-crack stage). Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Quickly pour into prepared pan. Let stand at room temperature until cool, about 1 hour.
- In a microwave, melt 1 cup chocolate chips; spread over toffee. Refrigerate 45 minutes or until set. Invert onto an ungreased large baking sheet. Melt remaining chips; spread over toffee. Sprinkle with chopped almonds. Let stand 1 hour. Break into bite-size pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 1-1/2 pounds.
Reviews for Christmas Almond Toffee(2)
Sort By :
this toffee has a fabulous flavor! it's also soft so you won't break a tooth. the directions say to use a saucepan, but my saucepan boiled over making a huge mess. a soup sized pot works better. :)
I liked this recipe as it makes more than most recipes and turned out both times I made it!