- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (10 ounces) marshmallows
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 5 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a microwave, melt butter and marshmallows; stir until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in peanut butter until smooth. Gradually add cereal; toss to coat. Spread and press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan; set aside.
- In a microwave, melt chips; stir to coat. Spread over cereal mixture. Cover and freeze for 15-20 minutes or until chocolate is set. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Peanut Butter Treats
Sort By :
"The topping has to be more than just the chips. Texture and consistency would not do anything but be a dry glob. The peanut butter treats alone are tasty tho!"
"I loved this quick and easy recipe. I used 2 muffin pans instead of a 9x13" pan. I liked the individual servings, perfect for one person."
"I think the 50/50 butterscotch/chocolate chips is a mistake...the butterscotch adds an overly sweet off taste to the mix. Everyone knows pb and chocolate are the match we're looking for! Otherwise, a solid and simple recipe."
"easy to make. easier to eat. :)"
"We really love these treats. I also like that they don't have any karo syrup in them. They are great just the way they are"