- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, well-drained
- 2 cups very finely grated carrots
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- BUTTERMILK GLAZE:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Sift together flour, soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside. Beat eggs in bowl until lemon-colored; beat in the sugar, oil, buttermilk and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture; stir in the pineapple, carrots, nuts and coconut. Pour into lightly greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- For frosting, combine all ingredients except vanilla in saucepan; bring to boil. Boil 5-6 minutes, until thick and syrupy; add vanilla. Poke holes in top of cake with toothpick or fork; pour glaze over top while cake is still warm. Serve warm or store in refrigerator. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Reviews for Carrot Cake with Buttermilk Glaze
Sort By :
"Fantabulous cake - made it last night and had a piece warm, yummmm, and equally scrumptious this morning. Didn't add the coconut, but all else, according to the recipe.And the buttermilk glaze is heavenly, especially warm."
"The best carrot cake ever made."
"This recipe is so moist! It is a must have dessert for all of our family gatherings."
"was a bit sweet but loved it"
"This is so moist and delicious. My husband gave it 5 stars."