- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 packages (3-1/2 ounces each) cook-and-serve butterscotch pudding mix
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs. Combine the flour, pudding mixes, ginger, baking powder and cinnamon; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with lightly floured cookie cutters. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Decorate as desired. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for Butterscotch Gingerbread Cookies
Sort By :
"These turned out very good"
"I was wondering how butterscotch and ginger would mix, but it turned out a very nice flavor.I also worried about the stickiness of the dough because of other reviews, but I let the dough chill as directed and just laid plenty of flour out to roll it on--it was fine! Don't be afraid to lay down that flour as needed! After using about half the dough, it warmed up, so I returned it to the fridge to cool off again while I baked some other cookies. Again, used plenty of flour for rolling. It worked great.I recommend not rolling too thin. The thicker cookies tasted better and didn't crisp too much. I also thought the ones cooked on a stone came out better than the ones cooked on a metal pan. Hope that helps!Kid tested and approved--he said they were "amazing.""
"These were good. Nice spin on traditional gingerbread cookies."
"I really like the flavor of these cookies. Traditional cut out cookies often lack flavor, but that's not a problem with this recipe."
"These sound good! I read this tip which might help: "Roll the dough out on parchment paper, cut out, lift unused dough from around the cookies and transfer to cookie sheet on the parchment paper. Don't used wax paper, it will burn.""