Butterscotch Gingerbread Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 packages (3-1/2 ounces each) cook-and-serve butterscotch pudding mix
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs. Combine the flour, pudding mixes, ginger, baking powder and cinnamon; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with lightly floured cookie cutters. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Decorate as desired. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for Butterscotch Gingerbread Cookies(13)
Sort By :
Pretty good. I liked the taste.
I followed this recipe to a "t", refrigerated the dough for over an hour but when I rolled it out on a more than "lightly" floured surface, I could not get the cutouts to lift off for anything. Started over adding more flour before rolling out and no better, even tried freezing the dough for bit.... very frustrating! Ended up just throwing the whole thing away... too bad because they sounded so good!!!
These are great and you can always find cook and serve pudding on Amazon.com.
I just KNOW that I'd love these, but cook-and-serve puddings are almost extinct where I live. Our main grocery store is Safeway, and I don't think ours has ANY of the cooked varieties. Anyone have tips on other sources for the pudding? - Linda in Silicon Valley
My daughter chose this as her first try at cutout cookies and a first attempt at gingerbread for us both. The dough was easy to work with, easy to cutout and kept a pretty good shape when baking. They taste very good and most important, they stay nice and soft!! Friends enjoyed them too. They made next year's list for our Christmas cookie bake-a-thon!
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Cut Out Sugar Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- German Desserts >
- German Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >
- Gingerbread Cookies >