- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1-1/4 cups chunky peanut butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 Butterfinger candy bars (2.1 ounces each), chopped
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg whites. Beat in peanut butter and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in candy bars.
- Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls and place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Butterfinger Cookies
Sort By :
"Best "peanut butter" cookie I've had! My husband loves Butterfingers and he really liked it as well."
"I made these cookies for the first time-this a.m.! I did make adjustments to this recipe by adding 1 Tbsp. light corn syrup to the creamed mixture and I just used 3/4 cup CREAMY peanut butter! For me this worked well! I used the fun-sized Butterfinger candy bars and crushed them in my food processor-I measured out 1-1/4 cups total and I added about 1/8 to 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips! These cookies SPREAD! I'd started baking them first at 10 minutes, then I baked the 2nd sheet of cookies 9 minutes and the last sheet of cookies at 8 minutes! I used 2 teaspoons to drop the cookies on the greased baking sheets! Recipe made more than 4 dozen-I'd say I got at least 5 to 5-1/2 dozen cookies from this recipe! I'd used LESS peanut butter so that the cookies wouldn't be too stiff! The cookies were delicious and chewy! Carol Kitchens, THANK YOU for sharing this recipe! I took them to my hospital volunteer dept. (Nutrition) and to the Volunteer Resources 0ffice. The Nutrition Dept. tasted them and I got raves! I'm sure that I'll be turning to this recipe from time to time now! It's EXCELLENT! delowenstein"
"I drop by teaspoon, it,s faster and they do form uniform circles...though smaller. Huge hit by all. THEY MAKE THE BEST ICE CREAM SANDWICHES, with French Vanilla Ice Cream...to die for!!!"
"These are my new favorite cookie. Follow the directions exactly, let them cool on the cookie sheet a minute before moving them and they will turn out great! I had to use fun sized Butterfingers, but just used 2.1 oz. x 5 and bought the same amount via ounces. Delicious!"
"I've been making these cookies for years and they are always a hit. I even sell them at the Farmers Market. Someone asked about how many mini butterfingers should you use. I just use one pack and crumble them inside the individual wrapper and it makes the cookies taste awesome. I also use a small cookie scoop to scoop them out and they turn out great"