- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- 4 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each), coarsely chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat the butter, eggs and vanilla until smooth. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined (batter will be thick).
- Spread into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with chocolate chunks and chopped candy bars; press gently into batter.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Blond Butterscotch Brownies
"One of my favorites"
"I made these for a family party & everyone loved them! I used 3/4 cup pre-crushed Heath bits, and substituted semisweet chocolate morsels for the chunks (because that's what I had on hand). They baked 18 minutes and were done. Excellent recipe -- a keeper!"
"I may have cooked them too long as the edges were a bit crunchy.. upgraded this to 5 stars, as I think they actually got better the next day!... Delicious!"
"I love blond brownies and these sound so good! We are not Heath bar fans is there another candy bar to substitute? Would it be too much chocolate to use a Hershey bar?"
"Used milk chocolate chips instead of chunks of chocolate and this was fantastic. I will be making these to take camping all summer long!"
"My hubby loved 'em!"
"Not sure if I did it wrong, it came out like cookie dough. It was good, sure, but it felt wrong...also I rolled it out in a cookie sheet."
"Mixture was so dry it wouldn't even clump together. So strange. I've baked for sixty years so it isn't like I don't know what I'm doing. I had to add at least 1/4 cup of milk to even get it to stay together then butter my fingers to press it into the pan. I checked the recipe a half dozen times and am sure all my ingredients were correct. The flavor was great (when I licked my fingers) but I would definitely add liquid to my mix. Can't understand why no one else seemed to have this problem. ???"