This recipe is quick and easy, and helps use the eggs from our chickens. It works for breakfast, lunch or dinner and is great served with fruit or salad and some flour tortillas. Guests can top them however they like. —Sandra Leonard, Peculiar, Missouri
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Optional toppings: reduced-fat sour cream, guacamole, salsa and chopped green onions
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink and onion is tender, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain and return to pan.
- Drain tomatoes, reserving 1/2 cup liquid. Stir tomatoes, reserved liquid, corn, chilies and salt into beef mixture; bring to a simmer. With the back of a spoon, make six wells in beef mixture; add an egg to each well. Sprinkle with pepper. Cook, covered, 5-7 minutes or until egg whites are completely set.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with tortillas and toppings as desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Beefy Huevos Rancheros in Breakfast & Brunch Bookazine 2014, p65
Reviews for Beefy Huevos Rancheros
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review