Baked Potato Soup Recipe
- 2 medium potatoes, baked and cooled
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon crumbled cooked bacon or bacon bits
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Peel potatoes and cut into 1/2-in. cubes; place half in a blender. Add broth; cover and process until smooth. Pour into a saucepan. Stir in sour cream, pepper and remaining potatoes. Cook over low heat until heated through (do not boil). Garnish with cheese, bacon and onion. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Baked Potato Soup
Sort By :
Awesome recipe. Simply perfect!!!
This recipe my whole family loved, which is a miracle in and of itself! I was shocked that it could taste this good without any butter!! I did triple the recipe for family sized portion and I added about 1/2 cup shredded cheese to the soup itself while cooking so it melted in. I think the onions on the top really make it perfect, so don't skip that part! I also used light sour cream and it still tasted amazing.
This soup is perfect! I've been searching for a decent potato soup recipe on this site forever and this is it! I was looking to use up some leftover ham, so I threw that in instead of bacon. Delicious! And it makes exactly 2 servings so I wasn't stuck with a bunch of leftovers (although I would have gladly eaten them!).
Excellant recipe! Even my daughter who comes to visit at Christmas says we have to have "my" great potatoe soup for Christmas Eve, it is now a tradition!
This was easy to make and tasted great. Can't wait to make it again