Almond Lavender Cake Recipe
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon dried lavender flowers, divided>
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons boiling water
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- Additional dried lavender flowers, optional
- Grease a 10-in. fluted tube pan and sprinkle with sugar; set aside. Place 1/2 cup sugar, almonds and 1 tablespoon lavender in a food processor; cover and process until finely ground.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and remaining sugar until light and fluffy; beat in almond mixture until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and half-and-half. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For drizzle, in a small bowl, combine water and remaining lavender. Cover and steep for 5 minutes. Strain, discarding lavender. In another small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and enough infused water to achieve desired consistency; drizzle over cake. Garnish with additional lavender if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Almond Lavender Cake(6)
Sort By :
I fed this to a room of extremely skeptical martial artists and they devoured it all!
I found lavender in bulk at Whole Foods. What a fun change of pace! This cake took second place in a local pound cake contest.
I really just have a question. Could this be made using lavender oil instead of flowers?
This cake was moist and the lavender didn't overwhelm the flavor. just a hint. I can't wait for my friends to try it. Texture was perfect
I have made this cake a couple of times now and it is always a hit! It has a very light floral flavor, but not over powering. It is hard to find lavender in stores, so last year I dried some that I picked from my father-in-laws garden. It turned out wonderful! This is the perfect cake for spring and stands out from the usual spring desserts!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Almond Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Bundt Cake Recipes >
- Cake Frosting >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Frosting Recipes >