Almond Kiss Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Additional sugar
- 40 milk chocolate kisses with almonds
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 4 teaspoons raspberry jam
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in egg and extract. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and chill for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Roll into 1-in. balls, then roll in additional sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie. Cool on wire racks. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over cookies. Yield: 40 cookies.
Reviews for Almond Kiss Cookies(7)
Sort By :
I have made these cookies for the last 2 years for Christmas...they are wonderful and enjoyed by all my family!! We love the almond flavor a delicious change from peanut butter blossoms, which my one daughter hates peanut butter but loves these!!!
Just made this tonight with my teenage daughter and we both thought they were good, except when we made the glaze. This was because the measurements for it was way too much for the cookies, and I had more than enough glaze left over to drizzle on another cake I happened to bake earlier. But overall, would definitely make it again!
absolutely perfect even without icing
This is the best cookie I have ever had. Delicious!
These were okay, I was looking forward to a soft and chewy cookie and these were sort of dry. I could have baked them too long though. Also, I thought the icing tasted like powdered sugar and couldn't tell I had added raspberry preserves. All in all were good cookies, but just not what I was looking for and will not make again.