"These cookies are unbelievable!" raves Kathy Aldrich of Webster, New York, "They're easy to make, look elegant and are absolutely delicious. Almond, raspberry and chocolate flavors make a delectable combination."
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Additional sugar
- 40 milk chocolate kisses with almonds
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 4 teaspoons raspberry jam
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in egg and extract. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and chill for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Roll into 1-in. balls, then roll in additional sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie. Cool on wire racks. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over cookies. Yield: 40 cookies.
Originally published as Almond Kiss Cookies in Taste of Home February/March 2001, p65
Reviews for Almond Kiss Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review