- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Additional sugar
- 40 milk chocolate kisses with almonds
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 4 teaspoons raspberry jam
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in egg and extract. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and chill for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Roll into 1-in. balls, then roll in additional sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie. Cool on wire racks. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over cookies. Yield: 40 cookies.
Reviews for Almond Kiss Cookies
"I have made these every February for the last 15 years (since the recipe was published). Everyone loves them."
"These cookies are sooooooo good! I made them for a family dinner and everyone absolutely loved them. The recipe for the glaze is good for 2 batches though, so if you double the cookie recipe do not double the glaze recipe."
"I have made these cookies for the last 2 years for Christmas...they are wonderful and enjoyed by all my family!! We love the almond flavor a delicious change from peanut butter blossoms, which my one daughter hates peanut butter but loves these!!!"
"Just made this tonight with my teenage daughter and we both thought they were good, except when we made the glaze. This was because the measurements for it was way too much for the cookies, and I had more than enough glaze left over to drizzle on another cake I happened to bake earlier. But overall, would definitely make it again!"
"absolutely perfect even without icing"