Teriyaki Turkey Breast
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Bake: 2 hours + standing
Makes8-10 servings plus carcass and 3 cups cubed leftover meat
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sherry or apple juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (8 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the turkey. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place turkey on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting every 30 minutes with reserved marinade. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Feb 21, 2014
One of the best turkey recipe I served with my family. This is very delicious, perfect for my Plainville Farms turkey. I make sure that my turkey is antibiotic-free and humanely-raised. Meat is flavorful, tender and juicy.
Mar 1, 2013
I've been cooking turkey breasts for many years. This is the absolute best method I have EVER tasted! I have given this recipe to everyone I know and they love it! The moisture and the texture of the meat is phenominal! I used undiluted frozen apple juice in place of sherry.
Jan 27, 2008
The flavor is amazing!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.