- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- Assorted crackers and fresh fruit
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels. In the dripping saute onion and garlic until tender; remove with a slotted spoon.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ricotta, cream, flour, salt and cayenne; beat until smooth. Beat in eggs. Set aside 3 tablespoons bacon for garnish. Stir green onions, sauteed onion and remaining bacon into egg mixture. Pour into greased 8-in. springform pan.
- Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until center is set. Cool slightly on a wire rack. Sprinkle with reserved bacon. Serve warm with crackers and fruit. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Reviews forSavory Appetizer Cheesecake
"I over did it a bit with the garlic and cayenne pepper but I disliked the consistency and the lack of bacon. We didn't seem to spread it on the crackers. I think I'll use more bacon and bake it longer if I use it again. :/"
"I took this recipe to a neighbor get together last night. Interestingly, my friends seemed to love it, but, my husband and I thought it was bland tasting with a fluffy consistency...not good on crackers. I won't make this again. There are much better recipes out there to choose from. Sorry TOH!"
"Absolutely delicious! I've made this several times over the years. Smooth and savory, an elegant dish to impress your guests."