- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped peeled apple, optional
- In a skillet, heat the unsoftened butter, brown sugar and water to boiling. Reduce heat to simmer. Meanwhile, mix together all dumplings ingredients. Drop by tablespoonfuls into the simmering sauce. Cover tightly and simmer 20 minutes. Do not lift lid. Serve warm with cream or ice cream, if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forCaramel Dumplings
"I was worried how this would turn out but it was fantastic! I love caramel and apples and combo was great. I served it with vanilla bean ice cream. Yum!"