Sweet Potato Dumplings with Caramel Sauce
When family stays over after a holiday dinner, we make sweet potato dumplings, bacon and eggs for breakfast. Later, we even serve dumplings for dessert. —Mary Leverette, Columbia, South Carolina
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1-1/2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Roll out each biscuit into a 3-in. circle. In a small bowl, mix sweet potatoes and 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Place 1 tablespoon sweet potato mixture on one side of each circle. Fold dough over filling. Press edges with a fork to seal. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking pan, overlapping slightly.
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine sugars, water, butter and remaining cinnamon. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved, 2-3 minutes
- Pour over dumplings. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts2 dumplings: 482 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 653mg sodium, 81g carbohydrate (48g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Caramel Sweet Potato Dumplings in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.