Yummy Zucchini Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and oil on medium speed for 1 minute. Add the eggs, applesauce and vanilla; beat 1 minute longer. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to sugar mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating just until blended. Stir in zucchini.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and pecans. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 18 servings.
Reviews for Yummy Zucchini Chocolate Cake
Sort By :
"Freaking amazing!!!! Not too sweet, but totally delicious, and dense, and chocolately, and...nomnomnom...I can't be bothered right now...I'm eating cake...nomnomnom"
"Easy to make , really enjoyed by all the Family, would take to a church potluck. I froze a few pieces for later, and they were fine."
"Great made as cupcakes, A hit with the granddaughters"
"about how many pounds of zucchini equals to 2 cups shredded?? Thank you."