Sherbet Cream Cake Recipe
- 3 cups each raspberry, orange and lime sherbet
- 3 quarts vanilla ice cream, softened, divided
- 2 cups Diamond of California Chopped Pecans, divided
- 2 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- Raspberries and orange and lime slices, optional
- Using a 1/4-cup ice cream scoop, shape sherbet into balls. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze for 1 hour or until firm.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 qt. vanilla ice cream, 1 cup pecans and 1 cup chocolate chips. Spread into a 10-in. tube pan.
- Alternately arrange 12 sherbet balls, four of each color, against the center tube and outer edge of pan. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Spread with 1 qt. ice cream; freeze for 30 minutes. Top with remaining sherbet balls. Combine remaining ice cream, pecans and chips; spread over sherbet balls. Cover and freeze overnight.
- Run a knife around edge of pan; dip pan in lukewarm water until loosened. Invert cake onto a serving plate. Frost with whipped cream. Return to freezer. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with raspberries and orange and lime slices if desired. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Reviews for Sherbet Cream Cake(2)
Sort By :
I made this recipe several years ago and received many compliments. My husband especially loved it. I thought that I had lost the recipe, and now I'm so excited to have found it , I will not loose it again!
This is a wonderful recipe. Turned out exactly as pictured. This will be my 4th time to use this recipe. Thank goodness I was able to find it online. I had lost it from my recipe box.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Homemade Ice Cream Cakes >
- Ice Cream Cake >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >
- Mother's Day Dessert Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >