Sherbet Cookie Delight
Looking to save some time when preparing for a party? Throw together this creamy crowd-pleaser and freeze it a day or two before the event. The combination of raspberry and chocolate in this dessert is delightful, but it's also good made with lime sherbet, vanilla sandwich cookies and walnuts. —Donna Carper, South Jordan, Utah
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 1/2 gallon raspberry sherbet, softened
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 15 Oreo cookies
- 3/4 to 1 cup chopped slivered almonds, toasted
- Additional Oreo cookies, optional
- Place sherbet in a 13x9-in. dish. Freeze for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar; beat until stiff peaks form.
- Break each cookie into six pieces; fold into cream mixture with almonds. Spoon over sherbet. Cover and freeze for up to 2 months.
- Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Cut into squares. Garnish with additional cookies if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 235 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 91mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Sherbet Cookie Delight in Quick Cooking November/December 2001