Roasted Wild Turkey Recipe
- 1 wild turkey (10 to 15 pounds)
- 2 large apples, quartered
- 6 to 8 medium red potatoes, quartered
- 2 pound baby carrots
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 cups water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup French salad dressing
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Place turkey on a rack in a roasting pan; place apples in turkey cavity. Place potatoes, carrots and onions around turkey. Pour water over vegetables. Combine seasoned salt, salt and pepper; rub over turkey. Combine remaining ingredients; spoon over the turkey.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 3-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 180° baste if desired. Turkey may be uncovered for the last 30 minutes for additional browning if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Roasted Wild Turkey(4)
Sort By :
Easy to make and it stayed so moist. Would make again for friends and family.
This recipe is GREAT! My brother does not like Turkey AT ALL but after I made the Turkey this way he wanted me to make it again! It is very moist and there is no gamey taste. I really recommend this.
This is the most amazing recipe. I will never cook a turkey another way again. It is so tender and juicy with an understated flavor. My kids like this recipe too!
This was easy and without a doubt the most moist delicious turkey I have ever eaten, wild or from the market. After dinner, which included multiple helpings of turkey, deboned the turkey for sandwiches the next day and they were also increadible. I will always make turkey following this recipe.