Raspberry Linzer Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, separated
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 3/4 cup raspberry preserves
- In a large bowl, cream butter. Gradually add 2/3 cup sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Shape dough into a ball; cover and refrigerate for 30-45 minutes or until firm.
- On a surface dusted with confectioners' sugar, roll half of the dough to 1/8-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. round cookie cutter. Repeat with remaining dough, using a floured 2-1/2-in. doughnut cutter so the center is cut out of each cookie.
- Beat egg whites until frothy. Combine almonds and remaining sugar. Brush each cookie with egg white and sprinkle with the almond mixture. Place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spread 2 teaspoons of raspberry preserves over the plain side of solid cookies. Place cookies with centers cut out, almond side up, on top of the preserves, making a sandwich. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Raspberry Linzer Cookies(3)
Sort By :
Fantastic easy recipe.. I love these cookies and this recipe is easy to put together..
My mom started making these cookies when I was a little girl, when they first came out in Taste of Home. They are awesome! This year I was making them, but short on time, so instead of doing cut-outs, I rolled them into balls and then in the egg mixture and the nut mixture, put a dent in the center (like a jam thumb-print) and baked them. When they came out of the oven I put the jam in the center. My husband and I agreed that we like them better this way! Great Recipe!
These were extremely hard to make, dough was very hard to work with. Maybe it was me, (I followed the recipe exactly), but mine turned out hard, and I ended up throwing them out. Will try them again, but I am going to use a different dough recipe I have.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Almond Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Linzer Cookies >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >