Raspberry Chocolate Rugalach Recipe
Since we celebrate both Hanukkah and Christmas, these cookies were always on the menu. The cookies can be covered and refrigerated overnight or frozen for up to two months. —G.P. Busarow, Whitehall, Montana
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup dried currants
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 2/3 cup finely Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide dough in half; form into two balls. Flatten to 5-in. circles; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Place currants in a small bowl. Cover with boiling water; let stand for 5 minutes. Drain well and set aside. Combine sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface or pastry mat, roll one portion of dough into an 11-in. circle. Brush with half of the jam. Sprinkle with half of the cinnamon-sugar, pecans, chocolate chips and currants; press down gently.
- Cut into 16 wedges. Roll up wedges from the wide end and place point side down 2 in. apart on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Curve ends to form a crescent. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes before baking. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 32 cookies.
Originally published as Raspberry Chocolate Rugalach in Reminisce December/January 2009, p51
Reviews for Raspberry Chocolate Rugalach(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2012
This recipe was great! Makes a good impression on the boyfriend's family (:
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Cookies >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Hanukkah Desserts >
- Hanukkah Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Low Carb Desserts >