- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup dried currants
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 2/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide dough in half; form into two balls. Flatten to 5-in. circles; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Place currants in a small bowl. Cover with boiling water; let stand for 5 minutes. Drain well and set aside. Combine sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface or pastry mat, roll one portion of dough into an 11-in. circle. Brush with half of the jam. Sprinkle with half of the cinnamon-sugar, pecans, chocolate chips and currants; press down gently.
- Cut into 16 wedges. Roll up wedges from the wide end and place point side down 2 in. apart on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Curve ends to form a crescent. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes before baking. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 32 cookies.
Originally published as Raspberry Chocolate Rugalach in Reminisce December/January 2009, p51
Reviews for Raspberry Chocolate Rugalach
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2012
This recipe was great! Makes a good impression on the boyfriend's family (: