Pumpkin Spice Sheet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 24 candy pumpkins
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, pumpkin, oil and eggs. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and cloves; gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix well.
- Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Spread over cake; garnish with candy pumpkins. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 24 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Pumpkin Spice Sheet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting(13)
Sort By :
AWESOME! I made it with gluten-free baking mix from our local kitchen specialty store for my friend, and it turned out wonderfully, and whoever tried it thought it was great. I had to make it in a 9x13 pan (and baked it for longer), because I forgot to use the gf stuff the first time around and so my 15x10 was in use. HA!
Works fine in a 13x9 pan. Took 25 minutes. Whole wheat flour works great.
I made this tonight and it is absolutely scrumptious. VERY moist..... I cheated and used canned frosting and sprinkled with nuts. Very Good!
Can this cake be baked in 9x13 pan?
Also, how long should you beat the ingredients,
Pumpkin, eggs, sugar, oil?/ How long to mix with a KA mixer? How long do you beat after you add the flour mixture??
Thanks you to all who respond. New bakers/cooks have no idea how long "beat until well mixed is".
So quick and easy. The whole family loves it!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Frosting >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Frosting >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Frosting Recipes >
- Halloween Cakes >
- Halloween Desserts >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >