- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 24 candy pumpkins
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, pumpkin, oil and eggs. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and cloves; gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix well.
- Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Spread over cake; garnish with candy pumpkins. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 24 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Pumpkin Spice Sheet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Sort By :
"This was the first time I've made a cake that didn't come out of a box. It was very easy and the taste was amazing! I did use a standard cake pan and it came out perfect. For the frosting, I did cut it back to 3 cups of powdered sugar, and it was very yummy but I think next time I will stop at two and taste and add if needed. I also used an 8oz package of cream cheese."
"Very good. The only thing I changed was to use 8oz of cream cheese instead of the 6oz as stated. I used the whole package & it turned out great. This is the 4th time I've made it, it's not around for too long."
"9 out of 10!"
"This is excellent, I did adjust to weigh my cake flour to sifted 7oz , minimized sugar to 1 1/4 cup, and oil to 3/4 cup.Love this recipe and it's now part of my recipe box!"
"This cake is awesome!! I made it for a family dessert and everyone loved it! They said I needed to make it again. Tastes great even without frosting. The frosting just makes it that much better! I thought that 4 cups of sugar for the frosting was too much sugar so I just added 2-2 1/2 cups. It was plenty sweet! I also substituted half the oil for applesauce and it came out moist and perfect! I did have to bake it for about another 10 minutes. This cake is more dense than other cakes but is still great!! Keeper if you love pumpkin! I know I do."