Pumpkin Sheet Cake Recipe
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons milk
- Chopped nuts
- In a large bowl, beat pumpkin, sugar and oil until blended. Beat in eggs. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to pumpkin mixture, beating until well blended.
- Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until fluffy. Gradually beat in sugar until smooth. Add milk until frosting reaches desired spreading consistency. Frost cake. Sprinkle with nuts. Yield: 20-24 servings.
Reviews for Pumpkin Sheet Cake
Sort By :
"Who can turn down cream cheese frosting, right? I'll often find a lonely can of pumpkin in my cupboard sometimes and this is a great way to use it up!! I have extra large cookie sheets (16 X 12 ) so I will double the frosting."
"Like many others, I have made this for years and everyone just loves it! It really is easy and is just so yummy it's hard to eat just one piece! I'll be making it again tomorrow for our Thanksgiving dinner."
"I have made this cake at least once a year since it was published in the Taste of Home Product Guide several years ago.. I make it according to directions and it turns out perfect and delicious every time. I always receive many compliments on it too."
"The Best tasting cake. My favorite"
"Wonderful cake! One of my favorites!"