Lemon/Raspberry Streusel Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Combine eggs, yogurt, oil and lemon peel; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in raspberries. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. For topping, combine sugar and flour. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; sprinkle about 1 tablespoon over each muffin. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Reviews for Lemon/Raspberry Streusel Muffins(5)
Sort By :
Absolutely delicious. Baked up high and beautiful. This one is a keeper!
Wonderful texture and taste made exactly as is. I used fresh grated lemon peel. I also made
8 large muffins.
These muffins were OK. A little bland and the texture could be better. Did not like the topping. Think I will keep on looking for a raspberry muffin recipe.
They are delicious and very pretty. I make them often and always get asked for the recipe. I have also substituted sour cream for the yogurt and added a little lemon juice when I am out of yogurt and they turn out just as delicious.
I have made this recipe several times over the years and it tastes like something you would find in a bake shop. Very good!