- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup slivered almonds, finely chopped
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in honey, egg yolk, lime peel and lime juice. Gradually beat in flour. Stir in almonds.
- Divide dough in half; shape each into a 5-in.-long roll. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap and cut dough crosswise into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are light brown.
Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. If desired, dust with confectioners' sugar.
Freeze option: Freeze cookies in freezer containers. To use, thaw before serving. If desired, dust with additional confectioners' sugar. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Honey-Lime Almond Cookies in Simple & Delicious April/May 2016
Reviews for Honey-Lime Almond Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review