Our kids beg for these big brownies every year. I just bake brownie batter in a pizza pan, spread with orange-tinted frosting and let the kids design a pumpkin stem and jack-o'-lantern face using candy. —Darla Wester, Meriden, Iowa
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13x9-inch pan size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Orange paste food coloring
- 9 green milk chocolate M&M's
- 57 dark brown milk chocolate M&M's
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare brownie batter according to package directions for fudgelike brownies. Spread on a greased 12-in. pizza pan to within 1 in. of edges.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Tint frosting orange; frost brownie. For stem, arrange green M&M's in a square pattern at top of pumpkin. For each eye, arrange 10 brown M&M's in a triangle. For nose, arrange six brown M&M's in a triangle. Arrange remaining M&M's for a mouth. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Great Pumpkin Brownie in Taste of Home October/November 2005, p23
Reviews for Great Pumpkin Brownie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 2, 2013
"Fun, cute dessert for a Halloween themed meal."