- 1 cup gluten-free cornflakes, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 12 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2/3 cup fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup Kahlua (coffee liqueur)
- 2 cups fat-free whipped topping
- 2 ounces dark chocolate candy bar, melted
- Fresh raspberries and mint leaves, optional
- Combine cornflake crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of a 9-in. square pan coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the milk, Kahlua and gelatin mixture until blended. Gently fold in whipped topping; pour over crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until firm.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate; garnish with raspberries and mint leaves if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Gluten-Free Kahlua Dessert
Sort By :
I made this for New Year's Eve and it was a hit! The one mistake I made when making this was I added about a 1/2 cup more of the gluten-free cornflakes. It was too much and took away from the rest of the flavors. The texture was too rubbery with the excess cornflakes.
It was too sweet and I did not like the taste of the Coffee Liqueur.
Okay, this may be gluten-free -BUT- look at the high calories and carbs!!
Just a note to Tonah: Since the recipe calls for Coffee liqueur, I would not use fruit juice, the acids of the juice will probably change the consistancy of the recipe. Your best bet would be to try a Chocolate Liqueur or a hazelnut liqueur.
I have not made this yet but just wanted to say thanks for including a gluten free dessert!!