Coconut Cake Supreme Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Fresh mint leaves and red gumdrops, optional
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions in two 9-in. round baking pans. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- For filling, in a large bowl, combine sour cream and sugar. Stir in coconut (filling will be soft). Set aside 1 cup of filling for frosting.
- Cut each cake horizontally into two layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; top with a third of the filling. Repeat layers twice. Top with the remaining cake layer.
- Fold reserved filling into whipped topping; frost cake. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Garnish with mint and gumdrops if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Coconut Cake Supreme(6)
Sort By :
This cake was just ok. I decided to try it because it looked easy, had mostly positive reviews, and my husband loves coconut.
The filling was very soupy, so I only used a small amount between the layers so they would not slide off each other. I had a lot of filling/frosting left over. I added extra coconut to the frosting, but it still didn't taste very "coconut-y". I don't know if I will make this cake again.
This cake was very good , I used a white cake mix , that's what I had on hand and I added a few drops of coconut extract.
I made this along time ago for Easter and want to make it again this year! It is so scrumptious and easy so you don't have to spend a lot of time on it =0)
I have this recipe many times since I 1st saw in the Taste of Home magazine & it is always a hit! It so good! I love how super easy the cake is to make! I recommend it to anyone:)
I made this shortly after it appeared in the Taste of Home Magazine and to date it remains my favourite coconut cake.
I use an angel food cake that I make from a mix.
Tonight I added a twist, I cut the angel food cake in three layers, put coconut filling on the lowest layer and 1/2 box of Shirrif Lemon pie filling made up as per package directions and cooled as the top layer filling. I decorated with some green coconut and easter candies, it looks fabulous. Having tomorrow as an Easter Monday/Anniversery cake. It is so good!.