My soothing white hot chocolate is a great warm-up after a wintry day spent sledding or ice skating. Or include it as a festive addition to brunch or an afternoon tea party. —Darlene Brenden, Salem, Oregon
Featured In: 40 Homemade Drinks That'll Make You Feel Warm & Cozy
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 5-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 teaspoons crushed peppermint candies, divided
- 12 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- In a large saucepan, heat milk over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in 1 teaspoon crushed candy.
- Whisk chocolate into milk until smooth. Remove from heat; stir in extract. Pour into mugs; top with whipped cream. Sprinkle with remaining candy. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Peppermint White Hot Chocolate in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p24