Coquilles St. Jacques for 1
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 ounces bay scallops
- 3 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 teaspoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- In a small skillet, combine the scallops, wine, butter and onion. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-2 minutes or until scallops are firm and opaque. Using a slotted spoon, remove scallops and keep warm.
- Bring liquid in pan to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to about 2 tablespoons, about 3 minutes. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in cheese until melted. Return scallops to skillet. Pour into a greased 6-oz. ramekin or custard cup.
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 618 calories, 41g fat (26g saturated fat), 190mg cholesterol, 573mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 36g protein.
Sep 2, 2013
This was the most tasty and easy recipe and I would eat it over and over!
Nov 20, 2011
Good but not a keeper.
Oct 17, 2011
this is fabulous! I used more scallops than recipie called for, which I think improved the recipe. Love it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.