- 6 ounces bay scallops
- 3 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 teaspoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- In a small skillet, combine the scallops, wine, butter and onion. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-2 minutes or until scallops are firm and opaque. Using a slotted spoon, remove scallops and keep warm.
- Bring liquid in pan to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to about 2 tablespoons, about 3 minutes. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in cheese until melted. Return scallops to skillet. Pour into a greased 6-oz. ramekin or custard cup.
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown.
1 serving: 618 calories, 41g fat (26g saturated fat), 190mg cholesterol, 573mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 36g protein.