These pastries are quick to fix, thanks to convenient puff pastry! Field editor Kathleen Taugher of East Troy, Wisconsin fills the hearts with a pudding and cream mixture and strawberries.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out each pastry sheet to 1/8-in. thickness. Using a 3-1/2-in. heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out 12 hearts. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 8-11 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick).
- In another large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Beat in confectioners' sugar until soft peaks form. Fold into pudding.
- Split puff pastry hearts in half. Place bottom halves on serving plates. Spoon 1/4 cup filling over each; top with strawberries and pastry tops. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 325 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 265mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.